Business Top 10
Top 10 Reasons to Start a Business in Torbay
- Torbay Road has over 10,000 vehicles using the road on a daily basis
- Business taxes are some of the lowest in the St. John’s metropolitan area and Torbay is the second fastest growing urban municipality in Newfoundland & Labrador with a population of approximately 8000.
- The business approval system in Torbay is low on red tape and high on efficiency. Apply to starting your business can be complete in a matter of weeks.Torbay is located directly adjacent to the St. John’s International Airport. It’s approximately 20 mins by road to the Port of St. John’s and is 5 mins by road to the Outer Ring Road/Trans-Canada Highway.
- The Town is promoting a new mixed use development in the core of Torbay – Amherst Landing, Torbay Town Centre. This development will add to the existing business hub in Torbay adding more commercial development and high density residential options.
- Studies suggest that Torbay residents have some of the highest income and disposable income in Newfoundland & Labrador.
- Registered businesses have access to economic development staff support and advice. These businesses can also take part in local business community events, mixers and learning sessions.
- Registered businesses have the opportunity to participate in annual Small Business Week events and our eligible to be nominated in the annual Torbay Business Awards.
- Registered businesses are also eligible to be listed on the Town’s online business directory. This tool is then shared by the Town to help promote its local businesses to residents
- The Town has dedicated staff in the Planning & Development Department to assist your application to operate a business and to assist your business grow and expand.
- Torbay already has a vibrant, connected business community.